
So.....even though we are in Australia, we still have our "blah" weeks, just like normal. These past couple weeks haven't been anything super exciting, just normal life.
Blair is away on a road trip for three days with his work, lucky bum. He has gotten to see quite a few more places than me so far. Oh well, I am sure we will get our big road trips in yet. We are still taking the bus and taxis everywhere as we don't have enough money for a car yet.
I had a good birthday. Since my birthday was on a Monday night and Blair works late, he took me out shopping this past Sunday, so that was fun. They have totally different stores here and a few different styles so it wasn't easy finding something I liked for cheap.
I am really enjoying my work and getting to know the guys I work with. Its a totally different environment that I am used to, so God is really challenging me to live out my faith. I think it is the same for Blair and he has had a couple good opportunities to share his faith already. I go to a small group every Wednesday night so I am really looking forward to building some friendships through that. With no close Christian friends here, it can be quite lonely sometimes.
Anyways, that is about all for this week. I am adding some pictures on here; some are from our road trip on the Great Ocean Road and some are just from times here in Adelaide.
3 comments:
I like your little apartment. It looks pretty cozy. And who thought that Australia would be boring???!!! I'm glad though that you guys are settling in and making friends. Any ideas on how long you're gonna stay? Longer than july? Well, I hope you have a good week. We miss you both.
Love Pauline & Quinn
It's always good to hear more about you guys, it makes you feel a lot closer!!!! I can imagine it could get lonely and stuff, the world is still the world no matter where you are, right? I pray that you both truly draw near to God while you are there and that He will encourage you both in your walks with Him!
Becs,
It was so fun talking to you last night (afternoon for you...). I'm glad that Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone. We miss you guys lots.
P&Q
Post a Comment