So tomorrow (Feb 26)is my birthday and I will be 23!! That is pretty crazy. (It is Sunday, Feb 25 for us here today, we are about16 hours ahead of you guys I think.) Blair and I are going out for supper tonight because he works late tomorrow. I think we are going to go to a nice Indian resteraunt. Indian restaurants are all over the place here!
It is crazy how time flys, we have already been here for almost three months! I really love the Aussie culture. Everything is very relaxed and people just like to have a good time. One of my favourite things is the fact that everyone here J-walks ALL THE TIME! I love not using cross walks!
Also, the cricket season is ending and the Aussie football league is starting. But their football is kind of like ulitmate frizbee with a football. They don't wear any equipment and they kick and throw the ball to the other end. It is pretty rough and actually interesting to watch.
Oh and the other really funny thing here is that almost everyone you will meet here is a tree-hugger! No joke, everyone is super "save the environment and all the animals". Hunting is not a popular sport, so Blair and I are very careful who we tell about the mountains and how much we share!! People get very upset when we say that we take people out to hunt. Although, Aussies think that all Candians are hunters, so they just say that we "crazy Canadians." :)
Anyways, this was kind of a random scatter of thoughts, but I just wanted to let you know what is going on here and what we are getting to experience.
I'll try and put more pictures up here soon.
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Becca!!!!! That's not really fair you know, going half way across the world just so you can get to your birthday a bit early and before everyone else!! I hope you had a great day though and that Blair treated you like royalty! Miss you guys lots.
Love Pauline
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope it was awesome!!!!!!! I LOVE hearing how you guys are over there! We are VERY VERY jealous!! enjoy the sun, it has snowed every day here for FOREVER, it's going to be the wettest spring ever! Keep posting!!!!
So yesterday all the ladies from work went to Tony Roma's for lunch and somehow we got talking about Wanda-Marie and her mongoose. Remember that? THat brought to mind that time during open dorms when Michael Sanya hid that plastic snake in his jacket and scared the beejeebees out of you. Oh McPhee House...
Hey Happy B-day, I know a little late.. Man it sounds like you guys are having a blast and that things are great with you both. Can I also say that I am soooo jealous that you are getting to be in hot weather while we still have tons of snow and that its freezing here.. take care and i will try not to be tooo bitter with you!! ha ha ha ha love ya, Love Brandi
Post a Comment