So here in Australia they like to make public holidays so they can all go watch and bet on horse races. Kinda wierd, but we'll take any excuse for a long weekend! Blair and I plan to make the most of our time off and head to a beach here in sunny Adelaide. We are starting to slowly head into the "winter" season here where everyone freezes at 10 degrees celcius. They cannot comprehend the idea of -30 weather. But we are still at plus 25-30 weather, which is great for us Canadians!
I am really enjoying my small group at church and starting to build relationships with some of the girls, so that is really nice. It is so great to be a part of a community of believers who support and pray for you.
Blair had a really good week at work. He went on a road trip so was able to make a little more money, which is good because we actually want to save some money to travel eventually. Also, he had a couple really good talks with a friend about God, which is encouraging.
We are still seeking direction about the future. We have to make some big decisions here pretty soon about whether we want to stay longer or come back as planned. So if you could pray for us in that, we would really appreciate it.
Thats it for this week, hopefully I'll have some fun pictures to put up here next week!
2 comments:
I love long weekends! That's crazy that it's a holiday for betting on the races. Funny though. No long weekend here until Easter. Miss you guys.
Love Pauline
Hey guys! haven't heard a tweet from you guys for soo long. I think that having a long weekend to go the the races is an awesome idea. Of course i think that any reason is a good reason for a long weekend. Really cursious as to what you decide to do. I think that if it's even up in the air, you should stay. We'd miss you and it'll be awesome to have you back whenever. Pics are cool.
Have fun in AussieLand,
Kylee
Post a Comment