Saturday, February 17, 2007

HOT WEATHER!

Hey Everyone!

Just want to say hi and let you know that it was a scorching 40 degrees celcius yesterday! Blair and I went to the beach in the evening because it was too hot in the day to be out in the sun. When it gets that hot, its hard to do much because the heat just drains you!

Anyways, our jobs are going well. We both enjoy the challenges they bring and we like interacting with our co-workers. God has really blessed us by providing these jobs for us.

We might get the chance to go to Brisbane over Easter holidays and check out the area for a bit! Blair will be up there with his work and his boss said I could fly out there over the holidays and we could tour around for almost a week, so that would be awesome!!

I am really trying to pick up an Aussie accent, but its hard! We are picking up some fun Aussie phrases though. There are quite a few of them. We do get made fun of occasionally for our accents, but I think it is pretty funny to hear them trying to imitate our accent! They like Canadians so we always have a good conversation starter.

Anyways, thats all for today.

Cheers Mate!

2 comments:

Pauline McKone said...

I'm so jealous. Looks like you guys are having a great time though. That's great that your jobs have been such a blessing. Must have a great boss to send you with Blair. That's super cool. Hope everything is going great. Miss you guys lots.

Holm's said...

Wow!!! Exciting, I would love to be there!!!
Lindsay