Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Halfway through the season!

I finally have a few minutes here at the base camp to quickly update our blog. It has been a pretty hard season so far. We are having a fun time, but sheep hunting has been really hard as there are lots of wolves and it was a hard winter for sheep. I didn't get to go with Blair on the first couple hunts as he went hiking in this really hard steep area, but I went with him on this last one and we got rained or snowed on every single day! So for two weeks we are putting on wet boots and wet clothes and we got pretty gross! I finally showered last night after two weeks! It felt awesome!

Blair hasn't got much of break at all between hunts, so he is feeling pretty tired and worn out, especially because hunting sheep has been hard. We have I think 3 or 4 more hunts yet and we are looking forward to them. All the hunters we have had have been super awesome, fun, tough guys so that has been a blast to get to know them. I have been doing a lot with the horses and have come to hate them all! :) Up here is so intense that the horses get into some crazy situations and they can cause all kinds of trouble. I am also doing a lot of cooking in the camps, which I enjoy. It is good knowing what to expect a little bit this year and knowing more of what I have to do.

We have got to see some goats and sheep really close up this last hunt which was pretty awesome. It is just so neat to see these animals that less than 1 percent of the world's population will ever see! It is so amazing to see God's creation in this way, so raw and untouched, its pretty awesome.

We still don't know what we are going to do when we get back! We have thought about doing some more travelling and I would like to eventually go to school to be a teacher. We are not really worried about it right now, we will just wait and see what happens I guess.

Anyways, just wanted to give you a little update of what we are doing here and let you know that we are still alive and kicking! :) There have been a few incidents with horses going crazy and I had to bail off a couple of them and Blair has been in some pretty dangerous situations hiking, but God has been protecting us and is so faithful.

Please keep us in your prayers if you think of us, and I will try and update again if I get the chance.

-Blair and Bec

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So great to have an update! Your adventure sounds so thrilling - makes me desk-bound life sound so monotonous. Great to hear you're both safe and well. No doubt God will lead you to your next 'adventure' whether it is in the wilderness or in a classroom. Look forward to seeing some photos when you're back. Ok. Stay safe and God bless. We mis you both....