Blair and I have one more week in Vanderhoof until we leave for the mountains. We have been training at the gym and buying all the supplies we need these past couple weeks and we leave to trail in on July 31. Apparently, the trail is going to be really wet this year, which means mud and mud means big problems for the horses! So it could be an interesting 7 days trailing in. Blair and I are both really looking forward to being back up there this year. Blair will be guiding for the whole season and I will be going with him and helping with the horses and cooking and any other organizing that needs to be done.
We have no idea what we will be after the mountains, so if you think of us, please pray that God will give us clear direction and that we will be open to His leading. I am finding it frustrating at times, not knowing what we will be doing three months from now, but it is definitely teaching me to trust God. We sometimes put God in such a small box and if He doesn't tell us where to go and what to do when we want to know, then we stop trusting Him and go out on our own. Its a good challenge, but hard at times.
We have a few prayer requests:
-safety in the mountains (especially the trail in with all the mud and horses, etc.)
-direction for the future
-that Blair and I will continue to grow in our relationship with God and each other
Thanks and I will try to update when I can!
2 comments:
Hey Guys!!!
Hope you get this in time. Just want to let you know we're praying for you and your safety in the mountains AND for peace about what's to come after that.
Adelaide's cold and foggy - can't wait for Summer!
Wish you were around :( Jordan and I have been planning a BIG TRIP which, of course, includes seeing you guys wherever you are :)
Take care. Peace,
Ellie and Jordan
WOW you guys will and always are on an adventure. i will do my best to remember to pray for you both. It sounds like you are both doing well. Take care while your in the mountains. love ya!!
Post a Comment