Monday, June 18, 2007

Sunshine Coast!

So Blair and I are in a town called Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland. We have been having an AWESOME time just hanging out, going to movies (Ocean's 13 and Pirates3), going to the beach and just relaxing! Tomorrow we are going to the Gold Coast and are going to go to some of the major theme parks like Movie World, Wet and Wild World, etc. We are just loving it! We are at a backpacker's hostel right now, which is actually pretty nice. We are staying in a mixed dorm room, but its ok as we are not in the room that much anyways. It is beautiful weather here, around 20 degrees and sunny!

We love just the randomness of our holiday. If we feel like going somewhere else, we just hop on a bus and go! It is so nice to be able to go wherever and whenever we want to. We find out the nearest and cheapest hostel in the town and stay there for however many nights we want and then move on to the next place. The only thing set in place for us is our plane trips from Brisbane to Cairns and back to Sydney. We have met some pretty neat people from all over the world in these hostels. We met one guy from Edmonton who is here surfing and working at a hostel for about a month or so. Its really fun to meet so many different people.

We are really looking forward to the rest of our trip and coming back home as well. I should go as we are on a timed computer, but just wanted to let you know how we are doing and we would love to hear from you guys as well. Feel free to leave comments or write us an e-mail! :) I'll try and put some pictures up when I can....this computer won't let me download any from my camera. :)

2 comments:

Pauline McKone said...

Sounds like an AWESOME vacation. I'm excited for you guys, that you get to go and do that. When do you arrive back in Canada? That must be coming up quick, hey? I got a job! I'm going to be a receptionist at an insurance company. Phoenix Insurance in 214 Place. Meaghan Robideau got me the job basically. I start next Monday. I'm going to Winnipeg on Friday with my parents for my cousin's wedding. Quinn is staying home because he has to work. He's pouting about it. Anyways, hope you guys have a fantastic holiday. Miss you muchly.

ellie said...

Hey guys!!! Great to hear you're having a nice, relaxing time. How's the weather up there? Have fun on the Gold Coast. I (Ellie) worked at Movieworld for two years - if I was still there I'd look after you ;)! Should be fairly quiet, as long as you don't go in the School Holidays. Mondays and Tuesdays are the busiest days at the park (followed by Thurs-Sun), so avoid them if you can :)
Have an awesome time!!! :D
Ellie and Jordan