
So I finally have something interesting to write about! Blair and I went on a camping trip with our friends Anna and Goran last weekend. They brought along their 10 year old nephew, which was an interesting twist to the trip, but we still had a great time.
We went to a place called Blinman, which is in the Flinders Ranges north of Adelaide. It is called the Gateway to the Outback. We did a 4 hour hike and looked down into a crater, which was really beautiful. We also visited an old copper mine and went to a true outback hotel where we had a kangaroo burger! It was quite good actually. :) I have added some pictures finally, so you can get an idea of what it looked like.
Blair's last day of work was today (Thursday) and my last day of work is tomorrow (Friday). We have a couple days to pack and clean and then we leave Sunday morning at 7:50am for Brisbane. We are really looking forward to having a real holiday!
Our one year anniversary was last week, but we will be celebrating it on our holiday trip as we were camping last weekend. Its so crazy to think that we have been married a year already! Some people say the first year is your hardest, but we had an awesome time! We definitely aren't perfect, but we have experienced so many things this year that have drawn us closer together.
I will try to keep this updated a few times on our holiday, but I won't promise much as I am not sure how many times we will be able to access a computer. I'll put pictures up and give an update when we get back to Canada.
No comments:
Post a Comment