Blair and I just got back a week ago from our 4 month guiding stint for the year. We were up for 3 months in northern BC doing our usual stone sheep, goat, caribou, moose and grizzly guiding from July -middle of October. Then we were back for about 10 days and then went to Chetwynd BC for 20 days of whitetail deer guiding. We had a great season up north; killing lots of big animals and we had great hunters. The whitetail hunting was a little tougher but Blair still managed to guide a few great deer. I was the cook for whitetail camp and also for the 3 months up north. I also wrangled the horses and went along with Blair on some hunts this year as well.
We are now back in Vanderhoof and we are hoping to buy a house in the next month or two. Blair goes to Asia to guide Marco Polo sheep in January and then we head to hunting shows in the US in February. Then we have spring bear guiding work lined up for some of April -beginning of June. So we are staying busy and loving it!
We have been married now for 4.5 years and are still loving it! No kids yet, we are enjoying our freedom and working together in the mountains. We have a unique opportunity that God has given us to work together and we continue to seek His will for our lives each day.
I have added a couple pictures below and I will try and keep this updated a little more often.
1 comment:
I still read your blog, Becca! It's a good way for me to keep in touch with your life :) It sounds like you are still enjoying the adventure of guiding - that's awesome! My advice would be not to rush on the kids thing until you are both wanting them - cause once you have them, you have them forever! (not that that's a bad thing!) Just enjoy each day and keep blogging! Miss you dear friend! Mel H
Post a Comment