Life here in Vanderhoof is pretty slow right now. Blair is still waiting to hear back from the manager of Aviva Canada for the insurance adjuster job and I am still working part time at North Country Inn as a waitress and waiting to hear back from Thompson Rivers University regarding my application to do a Bachelor of Arts degree through online courses. They said it would take a few weeks to process everything.
I have had some "fun" with our car recently as well. The roads have been super slippery here as it has been snowing a lot and I was coming back from Blair's parents house the other day, by myself in the dark and went a little to fast around this one corner and ended up in the ditch. Thankfully, there was so much snow that our car got stuck in the snow halfway down the bank and I didn't even hit a tree or anything. I had no injuries or soreness from it either, praise the Lord. It was obvious that God was watching out for me because just as I started walking to find help, a truck with a couple guys came down this road and offered to pull me out with their tractor.
And then, just yesterday, I was coming home from work and got stuck in some high snow. Our car is really low and I wasn't really paying attention, soI had to get my boss to come out and pull me out. No damage done, but I am going to be a lot more careful from now on, because I am starting to get a reputation! :)
Anyways, thats our life for right now, have a wonderful Christmas!
Here are some pictures of our apartment in Vanderhoof.
No comments:
Post a Comment