So Blair and I booked our flights for our trip to Queensland today! We are leaving here on Sunday, June 17 and flying to Brisbane where we will be on the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast for a week. Then we will fly to Cairns to do some snorkling and diving on the Great Barrier Reef for about a week. Then we will fly back to Sydney and tour there for a day and then fly back to Canada on July 4. Its only about a month and half away, so we are getting pretty excited!
We are also planning a camping trip with our friends Anna and Goran so that will be fun. Aussies don't know what smores are!! We will definantly be showing them the art of smore making on this camping trip. How can you camp without making smores? They don't have Graham crackers here, so we will have to find a suitable replacement, but it should be pretty close to the real thing!
Its actually kind of bitter/sweet when we think of leaving because we have made some good friends here and it will be hard to leave them. I know I am really going to miss the crazy accents and the fun that people have here. They are so laid back and crazy, its fun!
I was reading a book called "Seizing your Divine Moment" by Erwin McManus and he said something I thought was really good. His main theme of his book is just to take every opportunity you have to serve and love God and others because you will never have that opportunity again. And I just thought it was interesting as we are still in the process of trying to decided what we want to do after the mountains, but instead of worrying about it, we just need to look for every "divine moment" we can have here so that we don't look back on this later and think "man, what a waste..." Serving God doesn't have to start once you find a good career and are settled down, God provides daily opportunities to serve Him and we just have to take them! It has been a really really good challenge for me.
Anyways, there's the sermon for this week! :) Just wanted to share a little bit about what God has been teaching me recently.
2 comments:
hey guys! have a good trip! i love reading your blog...what an exciting year for you!
Eliesha
Hey Becca,
Your upcoming trip sounds like fun! Thanks also for sharing what God has been teaching you lately - I love that I am not the only geek who publishes her deep thinking for the entire web-world to see. (Just jokes - I don't think you're a geek) Seriously though, thanks for the challenge. It is easy to put God's plan for our lives on hold, thinking He will use us "later". Reality is, He wants to use us now!
Miss you lots, Becca. Write soon!
Mel
Post a Comment