Monday, May 14, 2007

An Accident

Just to keep you all updated, Blair was hunting with his friends in Melbourne yesterday and had a bad fall and broke his jaw. So he is having surgery today (Tuesday, May 15) and they will put wire plates in his mouth to hold his jaw in place. Thankfully we bought travel insurance so we can claim back all hospital expenses, as they are quite high. Blair is ok and we are just thanking the Lord that He was watching over him and nothing worse happened. Unfortunately I am still in Adelaide as I am not able to get to the hospital where Blair is. He is in a tiny little town up near the border of New South Wales and Victoria. So it is kind of hard for me to be here while he is having surgery up there, but I do trust that God is in control and He will work everything out for His good and His glory.

If everything goes well, he should be back here on Friday as originally planned. He was able to shoot some animals before his fall, so at least he did get some hunting in. I am not sure if he will be able to go back to work until his jaw fully heals, but we will just take one step at a time.

If you could keep us in your prayers right now, we would really appreciate it. Just pray for healing and strength for Blair and peace for both of us as we are apart right now. Thanks!

2 comments:

branflakes said...

Hey Girl, i will try to remember to think of you two.. So what does this all mean for you two when you come back to Canada? love ya and take care Keep us updated on how he is?

Robyn said...

I'm so thankful he's alright! Praise God! I'm glad I found you here! This way we can keep in touch and I'll have stories to tell my parents. :) We'll be praying for the healing of Blair. Luv you Becca!