Thursday, October 2, 2008

12 more days to go!

Its crazy how time flies! Its hard to believe we only have approximately 2 weeks left out here. This hunt has been the hardest one for finding animals. Today is day 10 of a 12 day hunt and Blair's hunter just shot a caribou today. He really wants a moose, but it has been so warm that the moose are not coming out as much so moose hunting has been very difficult this hunt. They still have a couple days to go so maybe they will get one yet.

Blair hurt his knee and was sick at the beginning of this hunt, but was able to get a little extra rest and recover so we thank God for that. I am staying pretty healthy other than stiff knees and a few bruises here and there. :)

I am the wrangler for Blair for this hunt and I had to go catch the horses the other morning so Blair and his hunter could ride out to where they wanted to hunt moose. So I am up at 5:30 making breakfast and then going to catch the horses, well...the horses were no where to be found. I couldn't hear the bells (they have bells around their necks) and I am not a tracker so I had NO CLUE where they went. I walked around for a couple miles around camp for about 4 hours searching for those stupid beasts. Grrr...I was so mad by the time I came back that I couldn't even force a smile. Poor Blair, didn't use the horses that day as I had taken half the day to try and find them, and by the time I came back, it was too late anyways. They were still no where to be found, but the next morning a few of them were near camp, so I grabbed those and the others followed after. That was a lesson for me to constantly be letting Christ live His life through me instead of allowing my anger and frustration to take over. I have been reading the book called, "The Shack" and it has been excellent. I'm really enjoying reading a different perspective on God, it helps to open my eyes and break the boxes that I have put on God.

As for our future, still uncertain, but with God, we have nothing to worry about. I'll keep you updated on our plans as soon as we know them! :) Basically, sleeping in a real bed with sheets, NOT A SLEEPING BAG, and real food and a shower will be our immediate plans after getting out. :)

Here are some pictures of our last hunt. We had two friends hunting together and they both got really old, very nice goats and one guy got a moose with his bow, so that was awesome. I'll put more pictures up as I have time.




No comments: